It's the economy, stupid. Well, economies.
The economic world keeps turning. Even in January .
- Australia had its biggest trade surplus in seven years: $3.5 billion.
- Australia's inflation rate fell to +1.5% for 2016.
- US GDP grew at 1.6% in 2016, pretty weak effort, that (as Ritchie would have said).
- Eurozone GDP grew at 1.7% in 2016. Ditto.
- German inflation rose at 1.7% in 2016, the highest in three years. Some say the rise in inflation is a good thing.
- China's GDP grew at 6.7% in 2016. Rubbery figures?
So what does this mean for you? Not much. The world is still growing. Australia is still growing. Inflation is low. The sun is shining.
 Except for Australia's Reserve Bank, which does not meet in January. It's vacation time, of course.